NESCafe Nintendo Emulator for Java

마루 0 10,244 2020.07.26 18:13

Welcome to NESCafe

NESCafe is distributed under the GNU General Public License. A copy of this license agreement

has been included with this distribution of NESCafe. If you have a question or wish to give me

any feedback on the NESCafe Nintendo emulator then please do not hesitate to contact me via

email (my address is above) as your comments and suggestions are always welcome. More

information on NESCafe can also be found on the NESCafe website (address shown above).

Introduction

Welcome to the NESCafe Nintendo Emulator for Java. In a nutshell, the NESCafe emulator allows

you to play your old 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) games on your computer by

emulating the original hardware of the NES and tricking the games into thinking that they are

running on the original machine. To play one of your old Nintendo games all what you need is

NESCafe and a copy of the game in NES format (these can be obtained from the Internet).

NESCafe was the first Java-based emulator for the Nintendo with sound support and the only one

to offer such a high level of compatibility with the original hardware, by correctly emulating the

micro-processors and additional controllers. I started work on NESCafe in May 2000 for my final

year Computer Science project. Since the first release back in 2001, I have been continually

working on and improving NESCafe during my spare time (not that I get a lot of this). NESCafe is

now a stable and powerful emulator that can be run from websites or as a standalone application

from your desktop and runs the vast majority of published Nintendo games.

Since the very first release NESCafe has always been an Open Source project and it will always

remain so. Keeping NESCafe Open Source has enabled the project to go from strength to

strength thanks to the helpful feedback and suggestions that I have received from the public

over the years. This is something that I am very grateful for and I hope that you will all continue

to push and improve NESCafe further by adding more hardware support, or use the information

from this project to build bigger and better Java emulators for the legendary 8-bit console.

Thanks for downloading NESCafe!

David de Niese

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 244 명
  • 오늘 방문자 741 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,567 명
  • 최대 방문자 11,402 명
  • 전체 방문자 2,449,122 명
  • 전체 게시물 3,053 개
  • 전체 댓글수 4,592 개